Ireland’s Best Online Casinos
Are you interested in playing online casino in Ireland? Maybe you want to understand and learn how to use the confusing bonuses! For whatever reason, you landed up here; just know you’re in safe hands.
First, did you know that brick & mortar casinos are illegal in Ireland? As surprising as that may seem, the 1956 Irish laws on gambling and betting ban land-based casinos. That, however, doesn’t mean you can’t gamble in the Emerald Isle. Your alternative options include online casinos and private clubs.
Since the laws allow private clubs to provide betting machines and table casino games to members, there are many private gambling clubs. Nonetheless, you can only play at a club where you are a member. Still, if you don’t have a membership in the numerous clubs, you can legally access casino games online.
Yes, online gambling in Ireland is somewhat legal. There’s a lacuna in Irish gambling laws. They don’t directly address online casinos. So, offshore casino operators can provide their services without contravening the local laws.
Guide to the Best Irish Online Casinos
Online casinos hang on the 2015 amendment to the betting act, which allowed gambling remotely. So, while Ireland formally bans land-based casinos, you can legally play these games at the comfort of your couch.
But since there’s no legal body in charge of licensing casino, unscrupulous players have also joined the industry, making it tricky picking an ideal casino site.
Don’t worry, though. This expert guide to the best Irish online casinos helps you identify all the features to hunt to get the best gaming experience. So, let’s get started.
How We Review Top Casinos in Ireland
We are not a casino review site! We are a group of gambling and online casino enthusiast. Perhaps that’s why we take our reviews seriously. Our primary goal is to inform the reader by providing highly credible casino information with unrivalled detail.
To achieve this, we have a set of criteria that each casino must meet to consider. Here is a breakdown of how we review casino:
Safety and Security
Security and safety players are the most important factors we consider before we even look at the games a casino offers. Online casinos need personal data. But it can be disastrous if this information falls into the wrong hands.
Consequently, we ensure the Irish Casino sites we list here are safe, secure, and fair, and offer honest service. That’s why we check for the following:
- License – To prove legitimacy, an Irish casino or a licensed foreign-based casino in Ireland must display its license. We only consider certificates from a legitimate licensing body from a trusted jurisdiction. Such trusted authorities include the UK Gambling Commission, Kahnawake Gaming Commission, and Malta Gaming Authority, together with many others.
- Verified for Fairness –Has the casino been approved for security and fairness by a reputable independent authority like eCOGRA? That’s a common question we ask often. In some cases, though, we have to check the games ourselves to establish fairness. Our interest is to ensure the random number generator (RNG) in use is indeed random.
- Data protection – Any site that requires personal data must use a valid SSL encryption. Therefore, it’s that certificate we look for on the casino sites we review. Encryption protects the player and casino data from being stolen, making the website safe to use—we prefer military-grade SSL encryption.
Games and Software
Though we prioritize the safety of players, games are the main feature of any casino site. Our Irish casino site collections are nothing short of amazing. They have different game variants from top software providers. Here is how we identify an awe-inspiring game selection:
- Games variety – a great game selection is key. An ideal casino has a good mix of classic and progressive jackpot slots, tables, live dealers, and bingo/keno games. It should have a wide range of variants of each game too, and allow has the free play option to allow players to try out a few shots before playing with real money.
- Game providers – Top Casino Game and Software providers such as NetEnt, Playtech, or Microgaming work only with distinguished casinos. These software providers offer seamless graphics, high-quality sound, exciting animations, and other impressive features, making their games exciting. We wouldn’t want any less for our readers.
- Smooth user experience – Whether the casino is downloadable or accessible via a browser, it should be easy to use. Playing games ought to be a straightforward process for any user. Thus, we go with casinos whose interface is easy to navigate.
Bonuses and Promotions
Many players choose to play online because of the crazy bonuses and promotion offers. These bonuses boost your bankroll, extending your playtime, and enhancing your chances of winning. If a casino doesn’t offer any reward, then you have no businesses hanging around them.
We seek Irish casino sites with the most amazing offers that are as beneficial as they sound. The best casinos offer:
- Welcome Bonus, e.g., 100 free spins or 200 welcome bonus
- Reasonable Terms & Conditions
- Reload bonuses
- Loyalty and VIP Rewards
Deposit and Payment Methods
Banking options play a critical role in our ratings. We consider the security of funds and how quickly you can fund and access your winnings. To get these facts, we deposit funds, play a few games ourselves, and withdraw funds to get the true picture. So, our top Irish online casino sites have the following important features:
- Easy Deposit Process
- Security of Your Funds
- Fast Withdrawals
- Speedy Processing
Everything nowadays is on mobile. Players log in to their accounts at any time and play on the go. So, a huge number of players now want games optimized for mobile devices, in addition to desktop. We, therefore, award points to those that adapt to both.
It’s not just the games; the casino should also be available on Android and iOS platforms. Our particular focus is on:
- Solid App Experience
- Optimization for the smaller screens
Another important aspect we look at is how the casino respond when you need help. It’s no brainer; customer support is essential. At some point in your stay at a casino, you’ll need a little help from customer support. Our interest here is to ensure that each casino we recommend has your best interests and treats you in the best possible manner. Parameters we use to measure this include:
- Ease of access to support – How do you reach them when you need help? We go with Irish casinos that have Live Chat or Call Support. Email is equally useful, but the response time must be shorter than 48 hours.
- Personal Data Protection – No one want s their data shared with third parties. That’s why we read the terms and conditions of a casino to see if there’s a provision that could put your safety & wellbeing in danger. You don’t want third parties jamming your inbox just because you signed up at a particular casino.
- Professionalism & technical know-how – How do the Support staff handle customers, and do they have the requisite skills to deal with their clients? We also check their rating at third party sites.
- Speedy resolutions – we contact them through the available channels and see how well they respond to customer concerns. We also consider the supported languages. The best online casino resolves matters quickly and communicates with players in their local language, in this case, Irish.
How to Find and Compare the Best Casino Sites
Not all online casino Ireland sites provide fair and equally exciting games. Others are to fish your data or scam your money. That’s why you should be careful. Spend considerable time identifying the best online spots to play casino games.
To find the best platform, consider the following questions:
- Registration and License – Is the casino registered? Does it frequently check its games and comply with its regulators’ rules and regulations?
- Creating your account – How easy and quickly can you create and verify your account and link the payment methods?
- Payment Methods – What payment options does it offer,, and are they favorable to you? Does it support e-wallets or cryptocurrency?
- Game Variety – What games make up its game lobby? Does it work with the best software developers?
- Promotions & Bonuses – What are its welcome bonuses? Does it have no deposit bonus, reload bonus or free spins? What are its bonuses wagering requirements,, and how does it compare to others in the industry?
- Payout Limits – What are your deposit and withdrawal limits? You don’t need a casino that only allows you to withdraw a meagre amount. Choose the one that has fairly high payouts, or better, one that has no payout limits at all.
- Security and safety – Security and safety go beyond data breaches. It also includes access to fair games. Does the casino provide fair games,, and does it honor payments?
- Customer support – Through what means and how fast can you reach support staff when you need help? Live chat, email, or telephone? And importantly, what’s the quality of support.
- Responsible gambling – Though most players ignore this, gambling can be a problem, and so, you want to play at a casino that encourages you to gamble responsibly. Check if the casino has self-exclusion features.
Best Mobile Casino Sites Online
Rarely do you get a renowned casino operating in the UK that does NOT accept Irish players? Most top mobile casino brands have a seat at the Irish table. As we have said, the country laws allow it. Players,,,,, too,, are passionate about playing on the go.
Here are the top mobile casino sites in Ireland:
Betway Casino – Grab 100% Up To €250 Match Up Welcome Bonus
Betway Ltd has legitimate operations in Ireland, the UK, the US, and over 100 other countries spread globally! Its intuitive mobile app, powered by Microgaming, provides a state-of-the-art platform.
In Ireland, you’ll enjoy top table games, online slots with exciting bonus offers, and you can enjoy live casinos as well. Just make an initial minimum deposit bonus of €20 to claim your welcome bonus.
- Additional bonuses of €20 up to €250 on 2nd deposit
- Third deposit match up bonus of up to €500
- Huge selection of games from top developers
- eCogra tries and tests all of Betway’s games.
- Safe and secure cashier options.
Paddy Power – Deposit €10, Play with €60 + 20 Extra Spins!
If you are a fan of watching television, then you must be aware of Paddy Power. It’s purely an Irish Casino but operates in different markets across Europe. It’s widely known for sports betting. Nonetheless, its casino remains a perfectly safe choice for players who want to avoid new casinos. Instead, they want to start their online gambling experience with a familiar, well-known, and respected name. It does NOT disappoint. It has an equally entertaining mobile casino, stocked with a wide variety of games from Playtech and Ash Gaming.
In brief, with Paddy Power, you enjoy:
- Some over 100 epic slots and table games
- fund your account using e-wallets like Paypal & Skrill, on top of other banking options.
- 100% Welcome Bonus of up to €510
Mr. Green Casino – 100% deposit bonus + 250 free spins on Starburst
Well-known in the gambling world, the prestigious Mr. Green online casino is not a new casino. It started its operations in 2008 and is a reliable partner to the renowned Swedish casino game developer NetEnt. If you want to play some popular online slots on the go, this Mobile Casino is the app you need.
- Enjoy quality games without the fuss!
- Has a beautiful, aesthetic, and colorful android and iOS app design.
- Multiple agencies, among them UKGC, MGA,, and Sweden’s Spelinspektionen.
888 Casino – 100% Welcome Bonus up to €200 + 25 Free Spins
Irish players who want to enjoy casino games on your mobile will undoubtedly be aware 888 Casino mobile app stands tall among its peers. From the game selection, promotions, bonuses to methods of payments, the app performs exceptionally well. Whether using Android or iOS devices, the 888 casino app layout is easy to navigate and doesn’t compromise the games’ quality.
- The quick and simple registration process
- Wides variety of mobile-friendly popular games, including progressive jackpot slots
- Includes top quality Live Dealer games
- Has an extensive choice of payment options,, including Visa & MasterCard, PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, and wire transfer.
Most Popular Types of Bonuses Ireland Casinos Have to Offer
Casino bonuses remain the greatest attraction to online gambling. Players, whether high rollers or cheapskates, use such freebies to increase their bankroll. But how do these bonuses work,, and how different are they from each other? Keep reading if you are looking to kick-start an exciting online casino adventure.
Come to think of it, how many Irish casinos offer roulette, blackjack, or even slots like the Mega Moolah? Hundreds, if not thousands, right?
So, let’s get a better understanding of bonuses.
How Casino Bonuses Work
Like all other casinos, Irish Casinos use bonuses to enhances players’ gaming experience. However, they don’t come free. To understand them better and make the most of them, here is how casino bonuses work.
First, bonuses are promotional tools created for special purposes. They allow you to play for real money for free. But they are not free perse. The logic behind the bonus is; the longer you stay at a casino, the more you spend.
Well, the bonuses extend your playtime. Either you get playing cash or free game time. A casino may offer a bonus to attract new players or reward its loyal and continuing players to keep them coming back.
In most cases, the casino gives you extra cash or free game time upon making a deposit. But some casinos go the extra mile to give you free money to play for before you deposit anything.
Bonuses are excellent tools to expand your game time If you just want to have fun. But you’ll discover they are not an easy feat if you want to win some money. They have a set of conditions that you must meet to take home your winnings. That’s why you should not just pick every bonus on offer. After all, they are optional.
Online casinos use bonuses to incentivize players to come and play at their platforms. But as we have already mentioned, it is not without conditions. These conditions are what we refer to as the wagering requirement.
A wagering requirement defines the number of times you must play through a bonus before you can withdraw any winnings. For example, a bonus with a 10x wagering requirement means you need to play through the bonus 10 times before you can withdraw the winnings from it.
Most players never quite grasp the concept of the wagering requirement. It is simple; these conditions make sure you only use the bonus for its intended purpose – gaming. If the casino bonus offer was without any strings attached, players could easily withdraw the money without spending on the casino games.
Here are the most popular types of latest casino bonuses in Ireland:
a) Signup Bonus
Of course, sign up bonus had to be the first on this list. Who wants to join a casino without getting a bonus? A signup bonus is perhaps the best and biggest discount you can ever get at any casino. Virtually every casino, not just in Ireland but globally, offers it. It’s the most popular tool that such sites use to attract new customers.
b) No Deposit Bonus
Some casinos don’t require you to make any deposit before you can play the games. They give you free cash or free game time, immediately you create your account with them. Usually, these bonuses are smaller compared to the match up counterparts. For example, 50 Free Spins on Starburst slots.
c) Free Spin Bonus
Free spin bonuses are associated with online slots. A gives the new customer some free spins,, and depending on the terms and conditions, once you play and win, you can withdraw your winnings stemming from that free spins offer.
Initially, they were reserved as an existing player bonus for special promotions. Today, however, free spin bonuses are part and parcel of welcome bonuses. In fact, most casinos attach the free spins to a deposit match bonus. We also have the no deposit free spins on specific slots.
But the free spins bonus differ from one casino to another and will usually apply to a specific slots machine. So, you can’t pick on which slots to spend the free spins. But casinos also give out free slots when introducing a new slot title. It’s a way to create some buzz about the new game.
d) Deposit Match Up Bonuses
As the name suggests, a deposit match up bonus requires that you fund your account to claim it. It may be a reload bonus or an initial deposit bonus. Such a bonus is a percentage of your deposit. In most cases, the Irish casino matches your first deposit up to a specific amount. For example, get a100% bonus of up to €100.
e) Reload Bonus
Some online casinos in Ireland will load your account with a bonus when they feel you have been away for a while. Such a bonus helps you continue playing at their site. Some require that you make a deposit and they match the reload with a bonus.
Top Online Casino Games
You can be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of games, if not by the unprecedented number of variants of each casino game Ireland can offer. Here are some of the top choices:
- Online Slots – Online slots are the most played casino games on the web, not just in Ireland but across the web. Some top titles include Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest, Hall of Gods, Mega Fortune, Twin & Spin, and much more.
- Blackjack – Hitting 21 is a timeless card game that is even more exciting on the internet. It has an endless list of variants, but the traditional online blackjack certainly remains a staple in every online casino.
- Roulette – Simple but exciting! Roulette is a game that requires no experience or special skill but luck. I doubt there’s any casino that doesn’t offer this casino classic.
- Baccarat – Racing to 9? Well, Baccarat is quite similar to blackjack, except that the face cards and 10 assume the value 0. The winner is the hand with the highest single-digit total. In case the hand total is higher than 10, then the hand assumes the one’s digit. For example, if you have 7 and 6 cards, you hand total is 13, and your hand value is 3.
- Online Craps – certainly craps is an eye-catcher! It is not as popular as roulette, blackjack, or online slots, but it is stills one of the best games you can play online.
- Live Casino – This involves streaming live casino games from the casino floor. The option has been a relief for players who want to experience the live dealer options.
Other interesting options include:
- Video Poker
- Pai Gow Poker
- Caribbean Stud Poker
- Texas Bonus Poker
How to Sign-up at an Online Casino Site
Have you identified the right place to start your online gambling journey in Ireland? If yes, then it is time to create your account. It’s a simple process that you can finish in under 3 minutes.
Most casinos insist on you filling the registration form, although, for some, you can log in using your email or social media accounts.
In the case of registrations, the common fields are:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Phone Number ()
- Full Address
- Question for password recovery)
- Betting Currency
- (Sterling Pound or Euro)
Some sites have a field for Promo Codes. Others may also want you to define your Deposit limits in line with encouraging you to gamble responsibly.
At the tail end of your registration, you need to add a payment method. Most sites have up to six methods of payments, including multiple debit or credit cards. You need at least one active method to get started.
Finally, you need to check the terms and conditions of the casino. But before you do so, spare some time to go through the fine prints before you commit.
How to Deposit at an Online Casino
Once the casino has accepted your account, you need to deposit funds to play for real money. The exercise is a straightforward process.
Log into your account, follow these four steps:
- Go to your Banking Section
- Select your Payment Method
- Enter the Amount
One more thing, check out the casino’s min and max deposit requirement. You cannot complete the transaction if you don’t meet the minimum deposit requirement.
Best Deposit Options for Online Casinos
As you can see, you can do nothing until you have an active payment method. Most casinos allow you to have multiple deposit options, and adding one is a rather swift process.
Here are some of the best deposit options for online casinos in Ireland:
- Debit and credits – Mastercard and Visa
- eWallets – Includes Skrill, Neteller, and Paypal
- Bank Transfer
- Cryptocurrencies – Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Bitcoin Cash (Click here to compare the best crypto casinos)
A payment method may not be immediately available for use once you add it due to the KYC laws. A casino may take up to 48 hours to activate your payment method, pending security clearance. Meanwhile, you can play the demos as you sharpen your skill and get a fill of the casino.
Withdrawing Online Casinos Funds
It’s a sweet feeling to play and win. But a win amounts to nothing if you can’t get your money as soon as possible. So go ahead and make a withdrawal request.
Typically, a withdrawal request is a follows:
- Click the ‘Withdraw’ button just next to your account balance
- Choose your withdrawal method. (Often, this is the same as the method you used to deposit your funds, with exceptions for credit cards that don’t take money like Mastercard)
- If using a Bank Transfer, you need to key in your IBAN and SWIFT codes
- Enter the amount
- Confirm Withdrawal and Submit
Tips and Tricks for Gambling at the Top Casino Sites in Ireland
- Before picking a bonus, check its expiry. A lucrative bonus should have a fairly extended expiry. okay.
- Still on the bonuses, the playthrough requirement shouldn’t be greater than x50. Anything between x10 and x40 is fine. A higher figure means you won’t be able to take home your winnings sooner, or at all. When the bonus expires before you meet the rollover requirements, you forfeit everything, i.e. the bonus plus the winnings.
- Check the deposit and withdrawal limits before joining a casino. Most players are quick to make a withdrawal request without checking the casino’s withdrawals terms.
- Read the terms and conditions: Avoid surprises, make sure you readthe fine prints. The most important things to look at is the minimum and maximum withdrawal limit. Don’t overlook them.
Online casino games in Ireland, but not casinos offer the same experience. We hope this piece will go along in helping you find a great legal, licensed and regulated casino today!
Yes, online casinos are legal. In sharp contrast to the US, traditional casinos are not. Instead, the country has small members only clubs that act as casinos.
No! Ireland is yet to create an agency that governs online casinos. The online casinos that operate here use their foreign licenses. As a player, though, you need to play at a casino licensed by a legitimate body like UKGC or MGA.
A casino will require you to furnish them with documents that prove your identity, age and address. In most cases, most the documents include a form of ID ( a passport, driver’s license, or national citizenship card) and a physical address: As proof of residence, you can use a lattest utility bill or a government-sent letter not older than three months. The casino will then take up to 48 hours to verify the documents before approving the request.
Probably! It’s not clear whether wins from online casinos are taxable income in Ireland like it is the case with wins from sportsbook. We assume you would pay about 2% of your winnings as tax.